❓❓Why should we not overlook the problem of mycotoxin?❓❓
🌱🌱Mycotoxins, One of the silent threats affecting the economy and the animal husbandry industry today. Mycotoxin contamination is often found in human and animal foodstuffs. especially under temperature conditions, proper humidity and environmental conditions can easily find such contamination. In addition to mycotoxins that can cause a loss in the quality of the production. It also affects animal health both directly and indirectly as well.
🐷🐷Mycotoxins that are commonly a problem today include Aflatoxin, Ochratoxin A, T-2 toxin, Deoxynivalenol: DON, Fumonisins FB1 and FB2, Zearalenone, and Ergot alkaloids. Swine exposure to toxins can have systemic effects. for example
📌Liver : Aflatoxins (Aflatoxin B1), Fumonisins, Ochratoxin A
– Abnormal liver function, Liver cancer, Pale liver, Decompose, Necrosis
📌Kidney : Ochratoxin A, Aflatoxins, Fumonisins
- Abnormal urination, More water intake, Urea in the bloodstream. Kidney lesions were found
📌Reproductive system: Zearalenone, Deoxynivalenol (Vomitoxin).
– Sows: Pseudopregnancy, Irregular estrus, Abortion, Low fertilization rate, The vagina and intestines emerge from the anus.
– Piglets: Unhealthy, Red swollen vulva, Stillbirth
– Boars: Testicular atrophy.
📌Digestive tract : Deoxynivalenol (Vomitoxin), T-2 Toxin, Fumonisins, Aflatoxins
- Decreased feed intake, Abnormal digestive system, Bowel dysfunction, Diarrhea and vomiting
– Weak piglets due to contamination through milk (Aflatoxins)
– Pulmonary edema (PPE) (Fumonisins)
✅✅Therefore, Mycotoxin binder is very important to reduce the potential problems that may occur to pigs. ASP recognizes this importance and has invented mycotoxin binder products such as Protox, and DX-plus, including the latest product that have a good efficiency in binding mycotoxins, which ASP has collaborated with leading Mexican company in this development.
…Please follow up in the next episode of new product of ASP